Monday, June 20, 2011

Turquoise and Yellow Swirly Wedding Cake




I am moving up the world folks! My first 4 tiered cake! I made this for the wedding of Carrie and Zach. They had the most charming outdoor wedding reception with paper lanterns hanging from the rafters and mason jar center pieces filled with calla lilies. This cute cake fit right in with the joyful atmosphere.

It took 10 hours to create this, which is a big improvement for me. 4 tiers and 10 hours, compared to my last wedding which took me 14 hours and was only 3 tiers. I am getting more efficient, more confident, and more knowledgeable. Cutting out 4 hours is ALOT.

My favorite part of the cake was the tiny dots I used as accents. I punched each one of these out by hand and used a paint brush to "glue" them in place. It was work, but so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment