Monday, April 18, 2011

Garbage Truck Cake Road Cars etc.






Experimented again with homemade marshmallow fondant. It wasn't as terrible as last time, but it was still terrible. It simply doesn't have the smooth perfect finish as the store bought. I also experimented with the chocolate cake recipe and ganache filling. I am very close to have the recipe I will be proud of.

I wish the marshmallow fondant was easier to work with, as it tastes A LOT better. I am going to try it 2 more times this upcoming week and then I will make a final decision on whether I can use it or not.

The garbage can was my favorite part of this cake and the birthday boy at the whole thing! Ha ha. In retrospect, I should have made some little bits of trash so when he took off the lid he got a surprise. The green space in front ended up being perfect for 12 candles.



No comments:

Post a Comment